Tuesday, May 25, 2010

47. Enter the 21st century and get a phone with internet

Sometimes, I'm a bit late to the party. Sure, I still can't swim - I'll wait while you pick your mouths up from the floor - Ok, ready to keep reading? Excellent. I didn't even attempt mascara until I was in college and I may have been the last person in my circle to get unlimited texting. Does it make me a bad person? Nope. Lame pants? Most likely.

And sometimes the universal has a delightful way of pushing us to do things that we put off doing over and over again. A couple of weeks ago, my phone started acting fickle. It was starting to drop calls and not charge correctly. Then, it wasn't allowing me to even place calls. Obviously I panicked and nearly burst into tears because that's the rational thing to do.

I'll save you all the gory details of my multiple trips to the Verizon store but I decided there was no time like the present and since I needed to get a brand new phone anyway.. why not one with internet?!

Behold my newest wittle baby:
Source

Not too shabby eh? Originally, I was going to go with the Droid Incredible or the original Droid but frankly, I thought they were too big and had too many unnecessary features for my needs . However the Droid Eris is totally up my alley; it's fast, thin and easy to use. And I'm totally getting used to the whole "having internet on my phone thing" - I can't tell you how exciting it is to just be able to check email in bed on the weekends. Maybe I'll even get twitter at some point but I don't want to get too ahead of myself. Totally lame but hey, that's totally my style.

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOOO congrats! I love being able to check my email from ANYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete