Monday, May 10, 2010

27. Take Murphy to a dog park

Well, May 1st was little Murphy's first birthday! I cannot believe how quickly the last year has gone. Now obviously if we're pals on another networking site, you know that I love posting pictures and updates of the little guy.

Here's some pictures of Murphy from the week that we got him last July.




Look at that little face! Anyway, as a treat for his birthday, Murphy and I got to spend some quality time together - and quality it was! We got up nice and early to tackle the day. Obviously the list is always on my mind and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate Murphy's birthday while completing task #27.

As an extra special treat, I put all the seats down in the Rav 4 so the birthday boy had plenty of room to sprawl out if he wanted to. And yes, he's grown a whisker or two over the past 12 months.


Off we went to Coolidge Park in Fitchburg - I know, I know.. but I googled area dog parks and let's just say they're not as abundant as Boston (I'm sure you're all shocked).

Anyway, we had a great time walking around and meeting other dogs. Murphy even got a marriage proposal by a guy who was walking two little dogs. He was obviously flattered but wants to keep his options open (we didn't have the heart to tell the guy that the two ankle biters were simply not his type).


We definitely plan on going back together and with this little face, how could I say no?

3 comments:

  1. He is so big! I don't think I've EVER met Murphy. That's not okay, FYI. I think it's time for him to meet his soon to be favorite Auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha he's so handsome!! Happy soon to be 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is ADORABLE!! There are two dog parks in South End on Washington St. One is pretty popular and separates the big and little dogs. It's right by the tennis and basketball courts & Myers and Chang. The other is towards Mass Ave and has a fountain in the middle. Yeah I'm totally a creeper and watch the dogs at the dog park...they're just so cute!

    ReplyDelete