Tuesday, April 20, 2010

56. Hit a bucket of balls at a driving range

While in Saratoga this past weekend, S and I decided it would be a great time to hit up the driving range. We headed to nearby Clifton Park which boasts the only area’s outdoor double deck driving range. The driving range stretches a total of 350 yards, with multiple target greens. I know, way too fancy for someone like me but hey, I’m totally worth it. Ha!




Ooooh, a jumbo bucket of balls.



A touch of background. S is a golfer and even has a golf membership at a country club near our house. (I know.. fancy pants) He was extremely patient when I asked a million questions about form, purpose of each club, stance, distance, et al. So, thank you S (even though you don't "follow" me yet - you slacker!)

Now, apparently, there is an unspoken code about the driving range. There shouldn't be a ton of yapping and, like a bathroom stall, you shouldn't go in the area directly next to where someone is already driving. Initially, it was great. We had a ton of room so we could chat about form and just take our time. Then, an older man came when we were about halfway through our bucket and plopped his stuff down right next to us. Before I knew it, he was huffing and glaring over at us for talking about the different irons. I mean, there are only 60 driving areas at the site and only three others were being used. And, we were there first so really it was his problem that he picked that spot but I digress.

To quote the great Stephanie Tanner.. "how rude!"

We decided to pack up our stuff and head to the top deck where we could be as loud as we wanted without feeling glared at. And obviously, it was the perfect opportunity for a little photoshoot for the blog :)


Look at that form! Although it was a bit (ok extremely) chilly (like forties) with winds that would rival gusts from the film “Twister”, we had a great time. I'll be definitely be going again soon.. after all, I need a ton of practice before I attempt #48.

1 comment:

  1. Do your hands ache at all?!?!

    I wish I could golf! Good luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete