Wednesday, January 12, 2011

57. Visit a country that I've never been to

Now that the snow in Boston has reached over 60 inches this winter, there is no better time to transport oneself (even if it's just in our minds) to a warmer climate. The first week of (last) October, S and I embarked in our first real vacation together. Yes, Saratoga is an escape from life but I don't count a vacation as a "real vacation" unless there's a plane ride involved. Anyone else?

Regardless, we had been planning this for what seemed like forever and I was dying to introduce him to the "all-inclusive" vacation lifestyle. I have been fortunate to have visited Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic and Mexico in all-inclusive hotels previously and let me tell you, there's nothing better than arriving and not having to worry about paying for anything you do, eat or drink.

So, without further adieu, here was our home away from home for seven days...


Yes, that's two miles of private beach and mountains in the background. And why yes, every room does have an oceanview and it is as warm as it looks. It was glorious. Sandals Whitehouse did not disappoint and the experience was so incredible. In fact, it was so fantastic that S and I are planning our honeymoon back to Jamaica, just a year after we first traveled there.

I'll leave you with a picture.. from my own point and shoot camera. We were walking back from breakfast and I decided to take a picture just outside my room in our hallway.



Only 248 more days until we're back there.. not that I'm counting or anything.

2 comments:

  1. The last photo is amazing, it looks like it should be in the brochures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfection! Can't wait for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete