Monday, August 23, 2010

99. Go to a drive-in movie theater

As I was perusing others' websites and blogs, I realized that I couldn't even remember the last time I updated my 101 list. My eight year old laptop essentially started to die a slow death after my last blog post and I simply fell behind on my 101 pledge. It's mid-October and so much has occurred (more posts on THAT later) - I mean, it's not even drive-in movie season for goodness sake!

ANYWAY, S and I made plans to go to the drive-in. We packed the necessary essentials (this was his recommendation although I don't that much nudging when it comes to BYOB)..



Growlers and bottles of beer as well as a bottle of Relax for moi. Yes, we did put ice in there.. this is pre-iced cooler picture. We decided to make a little evening out of it so we went to dinner and got to the drive-in.



Leicester has a huge drive-in.. with three different screens showing six different movies! However, we were faced with a slight problem we arrived (other than getting there too early)...


The movie we were dying to see was "Inception" (I told you it's been a while since we did this!). Now the only "issue" with this is that in order to see that movie.. we would have to see the movie that's playing on that screen prior which happened to be...


I wish I was kidding. So S and I chatted it over and decided to just suck it up and watch it. And then everyone decided to come - thankfully! We were sitting forever waiting for the movie to start.



Disregard how blurry this is.. I was trying to be stealthy and not look like I was taking creepo pictures of the high school boys around us.



Popcorn in hand, we were ready to watch the movies! It was such a fun experience and we plan to do this every summer. Next time, we'll bring snacks and friends - who's coming?

1 comment:

  1. I am coming! I love drive ins and I haven't done this in SOOOO long!

    ReplyDelete