Monday, August 23, 2010

65. Go to the movies.. by myself

On Monday, July 19, there was a weather alert that interrupted us during dinner. (Have I mentioned that I'm a touch behind in my blogs? Just a touch) The TV screen just turned on, told us it was an emergency and to get into a basement immediately. Obviously I'm Ms. Calm, Cool and Collected so we totally followed the warnings and took cover. (Not at all how it happened - let's just say there's a reason that I could never work in an emergency room)

Once the storm finally passed (like 1.5 hours later), we were still without power. Since it's July, it was so hot that my sweat was forming sweat. We slept in the living room (the coolest room in the house), hoping that the power would eventually come back on. It never did and I had to use a personal day to deal with the things that come with when your house loses power for more than 12 hours at a time like emptying the fridge/freezer, getting Murphy to a dog friendly place and figuring out how to "hold it" because we also have no running water.


Finally I stopped by S' parents' house where S' mom suggested going to the movies to stay cool and even offered me a free movie pass. Fantastic idea! I used her internet to look up movies and thought that "Despicable Me" looked super cute.

See! So cute. Here's my movie pass.. Yep a Tuesday at 2 pm. And yes, I looked like an absolute creep, sitting at a kids movie in the middle of the workday by myself. It's fine!


Surprisingly, it was so nice to sit and watch something that I wanted to see all by myself. It's kind of like meditating but surrounded by strangers and entertainment. Ok, maybe it's not like meditating at all but it certainly isn't as frightening as I thought it would be. If you're looking for some "me" time that involves doing something, I would totally recommend going to the movies by yourself. Besides, you never really wanted to share the popcorn anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment