Friday, July 16, 2010

23. Watch a film from the year I was born

Did you miss me? I've totally neglected my blog but don't worry - I've been busy with 101 type things. For instance, I took the opportunity on an extremely lazy Sunday (I'm talking like "snacks for dinner because I didn't want to physically make anything" lazy) to knock off one of my easy peasy 101 items, #23 Watch a film from the year I was born.

Now as you may or may not know, my movie-watching past has been scarce. I haven't seen classics like Caddyshack and Christmas Vacation (don't worry, I'm on it) but have seen Clue & Rover Dangerfield (both highly recommended via moi) like 100 times. Regardless, I better get to the focus of this blog before I get dozens of emails on "why I haven't seen such and such movie before" - I admit, I have a problem - that's step one, duh.

First, I did some research a la imdb.com on what movies came out the year I was born.. there were so many to choose from but I opted for a classic, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Thanks to A & E for letting me borrow their DVD :)


Obviously I'm not going to bore you with the plot details because I'm sure you've all seen it. Overall I thought it was a pretty good movie and I cannot believe I haven't seen it before."Totally" eighties genre completely with way too many topless girls but hey, that's what was "rad" then. Alright, enough eighties lingo - I'll leave you with a final thought.. If I can age the way Sean Penn has (totally Benjamin Button style - he is like a fine wine, no?) then I think I'm totally solid with getting older :)

2 comments: